- Regularly re-evaluate the patient’s nursing needs, as part of the tour-of-duty and nursing visit.
- Make necessary revisions on the Plan of Care as patient status and needs change in collaboration with the HealthLink Physician
- Initiate appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administer medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Counsel the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs. Provide health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
- Identify discharge-planning needs during nursing visits. Communicate needs to team as part of the care plan development; assists in implementing prior to discharge of the patient.
- Prepare and submit accurate and relevant nursing clinical notes regarding patient’s condition and care given.
- Communicate with the Healthlink physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports any changes in the patient’s condition.
- Teach the patient and family/ caregiver self-care techniques as appropriate. Provide medication, diet and other instructions as ordered by the physician and recognizes and utilizes opportunities for health counseling with patients and families/caregivers.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
- Graduate of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Board passer
- IVT certified
- BLS/ACLS certified
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to work in shifting schedule or extended hours
- In-depth knowledge of all procedures used in the management of hospitals or home care organizations
- Ability to provide initial treatment to patient during emergency
- Has the compassion to serve and help patients